Monday, March 5, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

                                 Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The other day my husband was begging me to make chocolate chip cookies. He implied he wanted regular (non- healthy) cookies and I agreed until I saw the recipe and freaked out when it called for TWO sticks of butter! So, I sneakily altered the recipe to make it a little healthier without him noticing too much.


Alternatives:
Instead of 2 sticks of butter, I used 1 stick and 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce.
Instead of 2 3/4 cups of flour, I used half regular and half whole-wheat
Instead of 3/4 cup regular sugar, I substituted Splenda
Instead of dark brown sugar, Use light brown sugar (Tastes the same)  
Additionally, I added one cup of oatmeal to boost the protein level
*My mom even makes cookies with dark chocolate chips since its better for your heart! <3 <3


Ingredients:
2 Sticks of Butter (See Alternative)
3/4 C. Sugar (See Alternative)
2. Tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 C. Brown Sugar (I use Light Brown Sugar)
2 3/4 C. Flour (See Alternative)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 C. Chocolate Chips (Dark Chocolate Chips)
Optional: 1 C. Oatmeal
Unknown fact: (In my case at least) Refrigerate cookie dough so that it keeps its' shape.
After Mixing Ingredients, Bake 375 for 10-12 Minutes


Below: The process of making chewy chocolate chip cookies!!!!

You can find the original recipe from the Food Network
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment