Friday, March 2, 2012

Quinoa "Fried Rice" w/ Shrimp

                                                             Quinoa "Fried Rice"  
                               w/ Shrimp

What is Quinoa?.. A healthier version of rice. It is a whole grain “super food” with less calories and fat, but high in protein. Count me in!! Preparing the Quinoa itself… I use about 1.5 cups of quinoa mixed with about 3 cups of chicken broth. You can use water, but the broth gives it more of a flavor. Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is gone and the grain is tender.

I used red Quinoa this time, but only because they were all out of the regular. Both taste the same in my opinion.  While the grain was cooking, I proceeded with cooking my shrimp with salt & pepper. Cook about 2-3 minutes and flip over for about the same time. For the rest of this recipe I followed the quinoa “fried rice” @ www. Skinnytaste.com   http://www.skinnytaste.com/search?q=fried+quinoa

No comments:

Post a Comment