Monday, March 26, 2012

Just another manic... weekend

I love weekends because I get so much done, but it seems as though I often forget to relax....  This weekend was short but definitely enjoyable.

Friday night was a low-key, stay at home night with my home made Spicy Thai peanut noodles, soft serve ice cream, and the new Footloose video.(Oh, and my husband) In my opinion, I enjoyed the second version of Footloose better than the first. It just seemed to be more relevant.





Saturday night began with family and friends enjoying some food (shrimp tacos for me) and drinks (skinny margaritas) at Chilis. Afterwards, we checke out a band at a local dive bar and called it an early night. My husband and I decided to end our night by "battling" each other in Dance Central and of course I won.


Sunday came all too soon... but I was lucky enough that my husband made me breakfast!! He will probally kill me for putting this picture on here but it makes me laugh! haha
This was my splurge since I am sure it was not the healthiest of breakfasts, but it was so worth it!! It had hash browns, eggs, onions, green peppers, Bacon, ham and cheese. He got the idea from one of our favorite TV shows: 'Diners, Drive-Inns, and Dives.'


After doing a dance performance in the afternoon for "Woman in the Arts," I ran some errands and got things done around the house. I have come to the conclusion that I am not longer allowing myself to go to Target anymore since I spent way too much money there Friday, again Saturday, and again on Sunday! Yikes!! I went a little overboard with the home goods being buy one, get one fifty percent off. I found some great lamps, lamp shades, and a cute yellow decorative serving tray amongst others...

I made some healthy kale and white bean soup for dinner. I have been hearing that kale is one of the new super foods, so I decided to try and incorporate it into my diet.

For dessert..... I decided to make a very healthy version of apple crisp.

I finally hung up some new frames since we repainted the hallway a few weeks ago. Still need to order some more wedding prints to fill the frames, but I like the look so far. I modge podged fabric to the letter C that is hung up and wrote out our first dance wedding lyrics on one of the frame mats.

In attempt to relax at the very end of the night, I was able to take a bath and exfoliate with my new products from a "Peel Party" kit.

All in all, I would say I had a well accomplished weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment